Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 17: Adventure is our middle name

Blogged by Keni
07/07/2011

Today is the day I send Kenz out an airplane!! She and Katie woke up this morning and signed a life waver and headed on out! Me, court, Megs, and Bekah on the other hand, begun our morning quite safe by sleeping in and eating some granola.

Kenz's experience:
The one word she uses to describe it is incredible. She did back flips an spinies in the air and trusted Danny with her life... She said that she screamed the whole way down. There's just something special about free falling over the Swiss Alps.



Kenz and the man she trusted her life to



So I look around some of the places we go and see these women with white hair and backpacks on and I don't know how they do that..I'm already having to take advil for my hip/knee hiking with 30 extra lbs and I just don't know how these people do it...when I'm that old I hope I'm able to afford hotels and a rolling bag.

The two kinds of food I have been craving like none other are mexican & Chinese/thai...there's a little Thai restaurant next to our hostel that I'm trying to convince Kenz to go to, but she's uncertain about swiss thai food. My defense is we are actually closer to China/Thailand here than in America so it must be better and more authentic...need me some Pad Thai real bad! Everything here is so dang expensive...it makes you think you should be fasting cuz every time you eat you feel guilty at the amount of money you spend.

I am already planning my first day back to the states (not cuz im ready to head back any time soon...I just know what im craving) and it will include...a day at movie theatre watching all movies I've been missing/both books I've read here (the help & one day) are coming out with movies, eating a mega chipotle burrito, drinking at least 5 Dr. Peppers my first day, getting a body massage cuz my hip literally feels like it is about to break off, eating wing stop wings and those Stinkin amazig fries, a hot bubble bath, watching some SYTYCD cuz I'm missing it so bad and so sad I am not discussing my favs weekly with Lana, JDs limeade, getting a pedicure if someone will actually touch them, & hanging with my man ...I'm starting to think I better save up for that day cuz its looks like day 1 back in Texas is gunna be a little pricey!

Once Kenz got back from jumping out of things we all went to the lake. It was a little windy but absolutely gorgeous.






We chilled by the lake for a while then headed on down, ate loads of chocolate, and went in town to all the cute little stores.

For dinner we grabbed amazing Thai food at Little Thai next store to Balmers and headed back to the hostel, watched our first movie in forever, ate chili pepper fries, and played cards until we could not play anymore...

When we got back to our room, one of our roommates whose from South Africa came stumbling in drunk and made us play an intro name game as we pillow talked from the top bunks...hilarious...half way thru the conversation he goes "where am I?" Then they start questioning Kenz if she is an ice skater cuz of her AMC date party shirt. He then goes on to chat about how he is going to go across America in full Borat style. We also learn that apparently we have to go to Pag, Croatia. Apparently it is gorgeous and so cheap. Maybe next time...

Then another guy came in and we told him we were from texas and he started talking about Tennessee and started doing this little boogie dance. Then started speaking in Spanish. Most random thing ever. Somehow we ended up in rooms with all men and it is hysterical. They then went on to talk about all their insane stories and climbed the ceilings like spiderman. They were quite the dynamic Manchester duo...the other guys in our room are like 18 and they were talking about when they put shaving cream, toothpaste, warm water and colleyflower all over this poor stranger they met...a lot of weird men around these parts...Kenzie and I both spent the night with our comforters pulled very high over our heads!

Location:Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment