Tuesday, July 19, 2011

PARIS!! 7/18/11

Blogged by: Kenzie

We we have just been LOVING the apartment experience with Courtney and her sister&husband. Great to have a sense of home. Ate egg and cheese breakfast burritos when we woke and headed out to get our train ticket reservations from Amsterdam to Paris. Just run in and reserve a seat on the nonstop to Paris- easy enough, right? Thats what we thought,
too!! Well, we had a wait to get to talk to someone and when our number was called we were helped by a zero-nonsense woman who informed us ALL tickets to Paris were booked long ago... Whoops. Soooooo our dreams of "non stop" quickly turned into 5-stop- but anything to get to PARIS!!! Ahhh the land of the Eiffel tower and croissants!!

Courtney ken and I ran around Amsterdam for a while and keni bought a dress at Zara. Can I just take a moment to express my love for Zara?? This is a world class store right here. Somehow we have gone into a Zara in every single European city we've been to. You'ld think we would would know what they have by now, right? Well yes, actually, we do. But that doesn't stop us from going back!!!

A note on european shopping: we have been told that there are sales here twice a year, and we have been lucky (or unlucky?) enough to hit the summer summer sale perfectly!! I mean I've never seen such- 50&70% off everywhere I look. There is a specific skirt I've had my eye on for a while (at Zara of course) and I've seen it drop to €14 since we entered our first Zara in Barcelona. I'll probably cave in Paris and snatch it up :)


We said goodbye to Amsterdam, Courtney, and her sister and headed to the train station for our marathon push to PARIS NORD!

It was so fun to be with friends these past couple days. Keni and I keep talking about how much we have learned to appreciate Christian fellowship since the beginning of this trip. In Dallas its so easy to forget how blessed we are with people around us who spur us on and keep our focus on Christ. We miss that when we're traveling, and it was great to be with friends who encouraged us.

To Paris we go!! Hopefully we are leaving some of this rain behind us. In amsterdam we have been putting our umbrellas to some good use.

Keni knocked out over 200 pages of The Help on the train. I, the slow reader over here, read about 50 pages of The Street Lawyer, the new book I bought at the second hand bookstore in Amsterdam. There's not a huge selection of second hand English books in a Dutch speaking country but its pretty good so far!!





- our little wall of baggage we make on every train ride. We basically take up 4 seats wherever we go... Oopsies, what's a backpacker to do???

Well we got to MC's last night around 10:30 and got the tour of her Paris flat (I love using that word- flat). She is living with a Houston family who has been living in Paris for work. However, the family is on vacation in the states right now so us 3 have the flat to ourselves!! I had a whole room to myself to sleep in and I didn't know what to do!

SOOOO great to see MC. the last time I saw her I was sobbing in college station about to leave college station for good. So crazy that I'm now with her in PARIS!! she is studying at le cordon bleu cooking school for a year- what an adventure!!


This is the view from the Balcony of the flat!! Incredible!!

Xoxo Kenz & keni


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment